10 Questions with Employee of the Month
Each month the whole company nominates someone who has gone above and beyond their day job. The winner of the award is then announced at our monthly FREE Thursday round up and is added to our annual prize draw for free return flights anywhere in Europe!
This month we’re sitting down for 10 quick fire questions with Adam Pollard.
1. Which team and office do you work in? I work on the Permanent Compliance Desk in London.
2. How would you describe your job to a 10 year old? My job is like a big jigsaw puzzle. The board is the company and the little pieces are the people. I try and make sure that they all fit together.
3. What would be your claim to fame / something people may not know about you? I once embarrassed myself by appearing on the TV series First Dates.
4. Name one thing which you’ve been most proud of at work in the last 6 months? Being able to surpass my yearly targets with a Quarter of the year still to go.
5. If you could change one thing about working at FISER, what would it be? Being able to bring in pets to work! (Our building doesn’t allow it at the moment… undergoing negotiations as we speak)
6. What advice would you give to a new joiner? Write everything down and DO NOT be afraid to ask questions. We as consultants have a duty to help new joiners make sure that they feel confident and comfortable in this environment and that they can learn as much as possible from our previous experiences.
7. What’s your current favourite app? Pixaloop – allows you to bring still images to life!
8. What’s your favourite line from a film? Timo Cruz (Coach Carter) – Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It’s not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
9. What’s your guilty pleasure? Any Disney/Dreamworks/Pixar or animation film.
10. If you could switch jobs with someone, who would it be? Gordon Ramsey – what a F***ing Legend!!