Questions to ask at interview
The interview is a two-way process. As well as the employer interviewing you, you are also interviewing your prospective employer. Remember, employers ask questions to get information out of you – but it is a two way process – make sure you tell them the information you want them to hear.
The types of questions you could prepare before the interview could be:
- What will my role entail?
- How has this position become vacant?
- How does my role fit into the structure of the overall department?
- How will my performance be monitored?
- Who will I report to?
- Will anyone report to me?
- What are the opportunities for further training?
- Where is your company going? Expansion plans?
- Will this position involve travelling?
- What is the next step? What does my daily routine involve?
- What is the objective of this organisation/department/team?
- What sort of person does well here?
- How might I influence my own future in the company?
- Which of my skills are required to do this job?
- How does the culture of this team, this organisation compare to others?
- How will this role satisfy my drives for success/progression/travel?
- What is it about this department and organisation that you (the interviewer) enjoy?
Need more information? Contact us online using the information here or just call us on 020 3145 3333